Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: unable to view FW-1 rules via gui

From: Horst Meyerdierks <H.Meyerdierks () roe ac uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:12:24 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Oliver Wainwright wrote:

I had an X-windows session on my pc and while running the fwpolicy gui,
my pc froze. I had to reboot and I lost my session. I am running FW-1
3.0b on Solaris 2.5.1. When I restarted the fwpolicy gui none of my
policies were visible from the gui. When I check the directory
$FWDIR/conf, they are all there. I just access them via the gui.

I don't know whether this is an option with a non-Sun management
station, but I once ran the OpenLook GUI after the Motif GUI
showed an empty rule set with no error messages.  The OL GUI
gave error messages and I then knew how to fix it.  (In my case
just a `vi objects.C' to remove an inconsistency with policy.W.)

 Horst Meyerdierks                 Royal Observatory Edinburgh
 Computing Manager                               hme () roe ac uk
 http://www.roe.ac.uk/hmewww/                 +44-131-6688-374