Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Third Party Audit of a Firewall

From: Michelle <michelle () inf net au>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:09:08 +0800

Hello

I am currently involved in a firewall implementation project which is
nearing completion.  Part of the acceptance for project sign-off is that an
audit is completed by a third party and any problems arising are resolved.
I am interested in what sort of tests should be run as a minimum, by the
auditors, and possibly any other additional tests with comments.

Note that it is not our intention to audit our whole network although we
understand that is crucial for overall security.  This will occur in the
near future too but at the moment, I'm only interested in firewall audits.

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

Michelle