Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewall for Pedagogical Purposes

From: "neil d. quiogue" <neil () iphil net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 08:38:03 +0800 (HKT)

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before.  But does anyone know of a
_good_ firewall for teaching purposes?  It should be cost-effective since
it's worthless to buy an expensive firewall for that purpose (or is it?).

The Juniper fwtk, for example, has a license that is free for teaching
purposes.  I forgot about the TIS fwtk license but I believe it has the
same line of thought.

As a sidetrack, has anyone used Juniper in a real world setting?  If so,
how good is it compared to the others?  And has anyone tried enhancing it
through its API since it would be good to add proxying for services not
currently supported by it?

much oblige,

[---]
Neil D. Quiogue <neil () iphil net>