Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Proxy Log Analysis Software

From: Carsten Benecke <benecke () wind fwl dfn de>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:12:56 +0100 (MET)

Firewall () exchange ware net writes:
Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone has seen good any good analysis software for proxy
log files (as generated by Netscape, Squid, and Apache proxies).
Specifically I'm looking for the ability to "sniff" out bandwidth hogs,
and visitors to questionable sites. I'd also like the ability to
generate reports for any particular internal user (based on IP address).

Any recommendations?

Hi,

you may want to look at "logsurfer". It is available at
ftp://ftp.cert.dfn.de/pub/tools/audit/logsurfer

This file: ftp://ftp.cert.dfn.de/pub/tools/audit/logsurfer/01-README

information about this subdirectory:
   The logsurfer program is a tool to monitor arbitrary
   logfiles (for example syslog-messages), automatically anaylse them
   and invoke actions.

Regards,
        Carsten Benecke

--
Carsten Benecke,  benecke () fwl dfn de,  Tel.:+49-40-5494-2262, Fax: -2241
DFN-FWL, University of Hamburg,  Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30, D-22527 Hamburg