Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Web server inside the firewall

From: "James Conley" <conley () enteka com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:05:20 -0800

I'd suggest going to a three-legged firewall and put it on the "gray" leg.
I do think you should be able to log attacks directed toward your web server
since while it is the most dangerous machine on the network (agreed), it is
also one of the most important to keep running.

If you can't do that I'd follow this:

    If you don't store anything important or confidential on your web
server, I would try to keep it outside.  If you store anything important
(and especially if you do any sort of credit card storage) then move it
inside.

--
James Conley
Enteka - Enterprise Technology Services