Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NAT and NetBios

From: Jan.Bervar () nil si
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:25:31 +0100

Jan Bervar@NIL
23.12.98 14:25

On 16-12-98 12:17:35 PM Leslie Jay  wrote:
Greetings,

  While I'm aware that NetBios over TCP (NBT) definitely is going to
  be a problem with most NAT products, in this particular case FW-1,
  because the host IP is contained in the payload which the NAT is
  not going to translate,  there isn't much resources about how to
  resolve it.
  To save myself some sleepless, hair-pulling nights, I hope
  someone can share their findings, or recommend a possible lead.

Cisco PIX translates the embedded IP address in NBT sessions. Perhaps
even IOS 12.0 NAT does this - check out the most recent docs.

Best regards,
Jan