Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SecureID vendors?

From: "Shivdasani, Meenoo" <Meenoo_Shivdasani () NAI com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:04:54 -0800

      Anyone knows of vendors other then Security Dynamics
      that provide similar SecureID hardware based devices?
      I'd like to shop around before I decided to go with a
      certain vendor and I couldn't find any alternatives on
      the net. And while I am here: any thoughts on those
      neat things which will save us from sales people sharing
      and writing down their passwords. Please reply to me and
      I'll summarize to the list if there is demand. Thanks,

In terms of strong authentication, there's CRYPTOCard, SecureNet
Key(SNK)from Axent, Access Key II from VASCO, Defender Security Server from
AssureNet Pathways, Digipass, Safeword from Enigma Logic, and RADIUS
(supported by a bunch of vendors).

I believe that all of those systems use a hand-held token which would at
least make password sharing a bit difficult although not entirely
impossible.

I may not be completely up to date on which companies currently have which
products - I'm pretty sure my newer SNK token says Axent on it, but an older
one that I have here says Digital Pathways on it.  And Axent's page talks
about Defender.

YMMV,