Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Screening outgoing Email...

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 19:14:08 -0400

(Forgive the DOS commands, this is a DOS program I am using...)

Let's see, here's a message I just typed in....

C:\tmp>type message

This is a posting to firewall-wizards. It is
relatively innocuous. Honestly. Please let this
message out past your firewall. Fnord, fnord,
fnord, fnord.

mjr.

C:\tmp>

Then I use a program called "snow" for DOS.  You can get it
from various places.

C:\tmp> snow -p whumpus -m "hi there" message message.out
Message used approximately 51.61% of available space.
C:\tmp>type message.out

This is a posting to firewall-wizards. It is
relatively innocuous. Honestly. Please let this
message out past your firewall. Fnord, fnord,
fnord, fnord.

mjr.

C:\tmp>

Pretty cool, huh?? Now look at it in "vi" (yes there "vi" for DOS)

C:\tmp> vi message.out
:set list

^I ^I     ^I   ^I  ^I   ^I      ^I ^I   $
This is a posting to firewall-wizards. It is^I   ^I       ^I
relatively innocuous. Honestly. Please let this^I ^I     ^I
message out past your firewall. Fnord, fnord,    ^I ^I     $
fnord, fnord.^I$
$
mjr.$

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net