Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Screening Outgoing Mail for Content

From: Godfrey_Cureton () cca-int com
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:48:02 -0400

Someone asked me to suggest a method to screen outbound mail for content.
       <snip>

Bruce,

You might want to check out MimeSweeper.  If can do everything you want and
more.  Extract attachments & understands many file types; can recursively
extract the contents; scan for arbitrary keyword(s); and redirect to a
"censor".

Basically, it sits on another (NT) host in your DMZ, listening for SMTP
type email.  You direct all email through it, it applies a bunch of rules,
and then forwards the email on accordingly.

I had good results with it in a previous life.

See www.mimesweeper.com

Goff . . .

And no, I'm not affiliated in any way.