Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Denial of service

From: HASSAN.KARIM () chase com
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:16:49 -0400

Another Example of DoS is thus:
LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) being closed down because security
mistook some lighters that as firearms because they looked like guns.
Imagine the amount of money lost, time wasted, and people irritated when
the Management of LAX closed it down denying service to over 1200 people.
At least 29 flights were canceled or turned away.

On the good note, alot of people who worked at LAX still got paid for time
they didn't have to work :)

-Hassan

"Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy @ cospo.osis.gov> on 08/17/98 06:25:30 PM

Please respond to "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy () cospo osis gov>