Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Detection

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:12:40 -0400 (EDT)

Aleph,

        I think you're correct in that you can detect the fact that
you're under attack.  Marcus is right in that most people don't have
time to track it down and slap the script kiddie who is doing it.
I'll extend what he said and say that most people don't have the
expertise to analyze an NFR log to figure out what happened next.

Adam

--
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.