Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Detection

From: emaiwald () bigdog fred net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 98 9:45:11 EDT

I think you are missing one important capaiblity of attack
recognition tools, if I place the tool inside my firewall,
I can configure it to tell me if my firewall is not behaving correctly.

This can be because an attack came through or because other types of
traffic came through.  In short I can use it as another check of my
firewall configuration.

Eric

--
Eric Maiwald, CISSP                                 emaiwald () fred net
Director Security Services                               301-977-6966