Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: High ranking lusers

From: David Collier-Brown <david.collier-brown () canada sun com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:00:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Chip Christian quoted someone saying:
| > I like the fact that the Big Boss wants to put ftp in the
| > middle of a suid script...  Does wonders for local file
| > permissions.

        It's off-topic, but the classical response is
        to recognize this as someone specifying whet they
        want in terms of **how they'd do it**.

        So you weasel yourself into the specification loop,
        find out what is needed and deliver it, preferably
        with an interface that hides the how from the what.

--dave

Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb () hobbes ss org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb