Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PPTP & Keys

From: Steve Kruse <jsk347 () worldnet att net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:36:10 -0400

Another PPTP question.  I have been under the impression that PPTP key
management is a rather manual process...i.e., it has or uses no PKI.  If I
have 100 users each with the ability to go to 10 different hosts, I
actually have to manually manage 1000 keys.  If I have a user who abscounds
with one of my laptops I have to manually remove their keys from the 10
machines they had access to, and if they communicated directly with other
users, then THEY would have to remove Badguy's keys manually also.  Can
someone tell me if this is true or incorrect?
TIA...

Steve Kruse
* Steve Kruse               Milkyway Networks       *
* Network Systems Engineer  1342 E. Vine St. #224   *
* 407-847-8977 Voice        Kissimmee, FL 34744     *
* 407-847-7203 Fax          http://www.milkyway.com *