Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Internet Security Review

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:37:41 -0400

In broad outline, they started by hitting me with a series of
``scenarios''.

WOW! A security audit that actually takes humans into account
rather than just mechanism and software!! Fancy that!

Since social engineering is such a huge (potential) problem,
I think it's vital to consider the way people in the organization
are going to react under stress of attack/failure/confusion. This
is what scares me most about security, BTW -- I don't think it
is possible, for an organization of reasonable size, to adequately
secure the staff.

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net