Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

NFS over TCP really working thru F/W ??

From: Ken Hardy <ken () bridge com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:08:52 -0600 (CST)

I've searched the archives of the firewalls mailing list about getting
Solaris' NFS over TCP working through a firewall, but I've not seen anyone
discuss how to actually get this working.  Has anyone made this work?  Can
you provide a cookbook synopsis and tell what ports are really needed?

(Of course, >I< don't want to do this, but it's a necessity.  At least
it's not involving the public Internet.  Any pointers to white papers or
other discussions that convincingly ellucidate the evils of NFS that I
can show to other people?)

As for making it work, the closest I've seen in the archives is this: