Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Software and platform for an Enterprise Firewall

From: Paul_Schmiege () kcmo org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:01:15 -0500

I have a question that I am hoping someone on this list can answer.  We, as
an organization, are looking into purchasing a new firewall.  I would like
to know what other firewall administrators consider the right software and
operating system.  I have heard pros and cons for having a firewall on UNIX
and NT.  However, there really has not been a good argument to pick one
operating system over another.  That is why I am posting this message to
the list.  Can anyone tell me which is the best software and operating
system platform?

Paul Schmiege
I.T. Enterprise Network Administrator
pschmi () kcmo org