Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NT Gauntlet vs. BSD Gauntlet, Gauntlet "users"

From: Frederick M Avolio <avolio () tis com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 08:47:42 -0500

At 12:18 PM 12/3/97 EST, Linwood Ferguson wrote:
TIS has changed their licensing to allow only limited "users".

That is to say we dropped prices to allow small shops to pay less. :-)

Their explanation of a "user" is any IP address protected by the
firewall.  Has anyone explored what this means from an implementation
standpoint?

You really probably need to ask sales and support at TIS since it is TIS'
license you are talking about. No reason you couldn't post the answer
here. I don't know the official answer and I'd find out but again, it is
best for you to get it directly from the people who are responsible. No?

Fred