Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SANS Cybersecurity Training

From: David Broucek <dbroucek () HARPERCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 18:48:13 +0000

Will,

I have built a combination of single courses to assign along with learning paths.   For the annual mandatory
cybersecurity training, I use one of the phishing awareness or data privacy videos, along with one of the phishing
quizzes which is usually one with the emails specifically.  I do change up the sessions from year to year and have
found a better reaction with the live action items.

For the learning paths, these have been built based on department needs for departments that have been interested and
new employees.  For example, we have a nursing program and we will include the HIPPA sessions; or FERPA to areas that
it applies.

I also make some videos and sessions available for people to self-train on other topics if they choose.   Not too much
traction as of yet, but I try to drop that option in the conversation when I can.

Regards,
Dave Broucek
Harper College