Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Third Party Monitoring

From: "Hallinan, Mary" <Mary_Hallinan () URMC ROCHESTER EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 19:15:07 +0000

Good Afternoon,

I'm from the University of Rochester Information Security Risk and Compliance Team. We are in the process of evaluating
our assessment timeline and monitoring third parties. I have a few questions below for data gathering. The responses
will be used internally through Information Security and our CISO.

*         Does your organization have a Third-Party security program?
o    If yes, in-house or outsourced?
*         Does your organization continually monitor Third-Party activities? Please describe what and how they are
monitored?
*         How often are you doing a full Third-Party security assessment?
*         Is the ongoing monitoring of the Third-Parties centralized or dispersed to the department engaging with the
Third-party?

Thank you for assisting in this process.

Thank you
Mary

Mary Hallinan

Risk and Compliance Analyst

University of Rochester - Information Security Office

P:  Zoom or Skype

E: Mary_Hallinan () urmc rochester edu<mailto:Mary_Hallinan () urmc rochester edu>