Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New EDUCAUSE Showcase Series | Post-Pandemic Future: Implications for Privacy

From: Brian Kelly <bkelly () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 15:13:17 +0000

Good morning,

Today, EDUCAUSE is launching a new showcase series that spotlights the most urgent issues in higher education. With
Post-Pandemic Future: Implications for
Privacy<https://www.educause.edu/showcase-series/post-pandemic-future-implications-for-privacy>, the first in the
series focuses on the pressing implications for privacy due to the pandemic, including student success concerns, the
emergence of the chief privacy officer (CPO) role, and many others.

In the list of concerns the pandemic has raised over the past year, how critical is the issue of privacy at your
institution? It’s a conversation every college and university is having, and it’s one that EDUCAUSE is highlighting
right now.

We’ve gathered together the tools and resources needed to help guide your campus forward. You will also find the 2021
EDUCAUSE Horizon Report | Information Security
Edition<https://www.educause.edu/showcase-series/post-pandemic-future-implications-for-privacy/#horizonreport> included
as a top resource, so you’ll definitely want to bookmark this showcase for current and future reference.

We hope you find this new showcase series an essential tool for your organization’s success. Please share with your
institutional colleagues and encourage them to explore the resources available to them. There are more showcases
coming, so stay tuned for our next topic!

Best regards,

Brian Kelly, CISSP, CISM, CEH
Director, Cybersecurity
Program<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program>
bkelly () educause edu<mailto:bkelly () educause edu>

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
Follow HEISC on
LinkedIn<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fshowcase%2Fhigher-education-information-security-council-heisc-%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C7197d41189e4414981ae08d69dc9670a%7Cdd4b037fe626495db0170cc0f7dddb37%7C0%7C0%7C636869885680898966&sdata=%2FYvU%2BLTYHbPmcyL1AoksiKTSdMeFQ93qASFmTp8Emmo%3D&reserved=0>
 | Twitter: @HEISCouncil

direct: 475.449.6440 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036