Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SECURITY Digest - 11 Feb 2021 (#2021-40)

From: Jesse F Moore <moorej1 () UW EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 22:53:28 +0000

Regarding Security Onion. I would be very interested in others experience with using SecurityOnion2 in Distributed mode
implementations that have tried to solve the East to West Traffic (mirror port from switch in each building perhaps)
issues.

Reference:
https://docs.securityonion.net/en/2.3/architecture.html#architecture

Jesse Moore (he/him/his<https://www.mypronouns.org/>)
Office of the CISO | Sr. Cybersecurity Advisor
moorej1 () uw edu | cellphone: 425-628-9070
University of Washington Bothell
https://ciso.uw.edu/
https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/
NOTE:If this record is not needed for any retention policies/laws please delete. This email (send/responded) is a
Public Record. The university's public records are available for public inspection, except as otherwise provided by
law. RCW 42.56.070(8)<https://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=42.56.070>