Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Centralized Log Management

From: Petrus Williams <PWilliams () GETTY EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 18:27:21 +0000

The Getty uses AlienVault for centralized log monitoring/management. These are mostly security event logs from multiple
infrastructure components ( servers, firewall, switches etc.). The platform is unwieldy and ready to be retired. I'd
like to move this function to the cloud and have the monitoring tasks outsourced to a vendor. Any recommendations on
platforms and a cost effective organization that we can outsource this logging and monitoring tasks to would be
appreciated. Thanks

Petrus Williams
Assistant Director GDI Infrastructure & Operations
J. Paul Getty Trust
Phone: 310-440-6397