Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Windows Logout after inactivity

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 17:40:29 +0000

Good afternoon Security Pros! I hope all is well.

I am inquiring today and asking if any institution forces logoff of client workstations after 24 hours of inactivity?
This is beyond the lock out that is set for 15 or 30 minutes a lot of us already do.

If you do logoff after 24 hours (or some other period) how do you do it in an AD environment?

As always, replies directly are welcome if one prefers.

Thanks!
Ron

Ronald King
Director of OIT Security

With Office 365, you can report a message as phishing or junk. Using Outlook in a web browser or the mobile Outlook
app, start by clicking/tapping "Junk/Report Junk!"

Office of Information Technology
(757) 823-2916 (Office)
raking () nsu edu<mailto:raking () nsu edu>
www.nsu.edu<http://www.nsu.edu/>
@NSUCISO (Twitter)
[NSU_logo_horiz_tag_4c - Smaller]