Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Endpoint protection vendors

From: Stacy Lee <sbl () STANFORD EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 14:14:51 +0000

+1 For CrowdStrike.  We are rolling this out to our community currently.
Here is our service page for the curious: https://antimalware.stanford.edu

For those of you who were using Microsoft SCEP for MAC which was retired at the end of 2018 and then migrated to the
Free ESET carry over, we were informed the license would expire on 12/05/2020 and after 13 days it would cease to
function.  We already had plans the move to an EDR solution but this accelerated our deployment.

We evaluated several products in the EDR space.  Crowdstrike and S1 were our top two choices. CrowdStrike with falcon
overwatch fit our needs best.  Integrations with Splunk and Proofpoint were quick painless.  Customer support has also
been very good. We liked the more detailed telemetry off CS that can be helpful for post investigation incidents.

If you would like to discuss more on our evaluations we would be happy to jump on a zoom call with you to talk about
our experiences.  @JasonAdams.

Stacy Lee
ISO | Security Operations
Stanford University