Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data at Rest Encryption Databases

From: "Smith, Jason" <Jason_Smith () BSMCON EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:51:06 +0000

Unfortunately your auditors/accreditors/certification bodies/insurance providers will force this issue regardless of
the actual security implications.  It’s easier and cheaper to comply than to resist.

Jason E. Smith, MS PMP CPHIMS CSM
Director of IT, Bon Secours Memorial College
8550 Magellan Parkway #1100, Richmond, VA 23227