Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Dropbox Sales/Legal messages

From: "Madl, Michael" <michael.madl () INDWES EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:37:23 +0000

We have had similar emails from them as well and this is what actually initiated some conversations between IWU and
Dropbox.  I attempted to get a list of email addresses that are registered but they would not turn them over due to
privacy[?] concerns.  Obviously their goal is to look at every marketing angle they can to obtain your business but I
would have appreciated some cooperation as far as disclosure as this would have gone a long way to moving a potential
sale forward.

MICHAEL MADL
INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER
UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

[signature_809029300]

DO NOT provide your username, password, or any personal information requested by any email.
IWU WILL NEVER ask you for your username or password via email.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you are positive the content is safe.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including applicable attachments, may include legally protected information.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy, save, or disseminate this
information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
immediately delete this message.