Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

FREE: Coming Next Week at vRIMM: June 23-25

From: Sarah Bigham <sarah () REN-ISAC NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:53:59 -0400

Members and colleagues,

After two great weeks of  vRIMM, we  are closing our virtual conference
with six unique and interesting sessions, including a discussion on
cybersecurity in higher education with our international partners in
CAUDIT and  a presentation featuring  Joey Muniz  from Cisco. All
sessions are  free, and registration is not required.

Tuesday, June 23

2 – 3 PM ET

Printers are Evil

Frank Barton (Husson University)

Open to Members Only

8 – 9 PM ET

Australian Update

Greg Sawyer (CAUDIT)

Open to the Public

Wednesday, June 24

1 – 2 PM ET

Risk Assessment and Using FAIR approach to Quantify the Risks

Veysel Erdag (University of Arkansas at Little Rock)

Open to the Public

3 – 4:30 PM ET

Investigating and Dissecting Malware for The Network Engineer

Joey Muniz (Cisco)

Open to the Public

Thursday, June 25

1:30 – 2:30 PM ET

Discussion Session: Security Communications: How to Effectively Convey
Security Topics

Moderator: Aaron Baillio (University of Oklahoma)

Open to Members Only

3:30 – 4:30 PM ET

REN-ISAC Cybersecurity Peer Assessments: Opportunities from a Distance

Susan Coleman (REN-ISAC)

Open to the Public

Please note,  members only vRIMM  sessions  are limited to only active
designated representatives of REN-ISAC member institutions, including
member representatives and management representatives. Information is
classified TLP:AMBER  (REN-ISAC:PRIVILEGED).  Zoom access information
 for  members only events will be published to  the members wiki
<https://members.ren-isac.net/x/ZQD6>  15 minutes prior to the event.

Public  sessions are classified  TLP:WHITE  (REN-ISAC:PUBLIC).  Zoom
access information for public events will be published to  the REN-ISAC
website <https://www.ren-isac.net/rimm/rimm_agenda.html>  and the
members wiki <https://members.ren-isac.net/x/ZQD6>  15 minutes prior to
the event.

Can’t make a particular session? All sessions will be recorded and made
available after the conference. You can get the most up to
date vRIMM information on the members wiki
<https://members.ren-isac.net/x/ZQD6> or on our public website
<https://www.ren-isac.net/rimm/rimm_agenda.html>.

If you have any questions, please contact membership () ren-isac net
<mailto:membership () ren-isac net>. We hope to see you there!

The vRIMM Planning Committee

- Gerard Duguay (Seattle Pacific University)
- Jason Edelstein (University of Chicago)
- Jeff Gassaway (University of New Mexico)
- Ian Washburn (Indiana University)
- Sarah Bigham (REN-ISAC)
- Ashley Goodroad (REN-ISAC)
- Todd Herring (REN-ISAC)