Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick Poll Results Follow Up - Student Workers in SOC

From: "Grundig, Thomas J" <tgrundig () BU EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 22:01:02 +0000

Hi Ron,

At Boston University we have employee students in InfoSec for years.
We give them many ‘level 1’ SOC tasks, from ticket triage to various ‘clean up’ administrative tasks.
We also like to keep them busy and engaged with at least 1 longer term project that lets them get creative and use
their skillets.
Our current student built our GoPhish server (open source for internal phishing campaigns) and designs our self-phish
tests for us.

Regards,
Tom

Tom Grundig | Associate Director, Information Security
Boston University  Information Services & Technology
tgrundig () bu edu<mailto:tgrundig () bu edu> | 617.358.6840|  bu.edu/tech<http://www.bu.edu/tech>