Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick Poll Results Follow Up - Student Workers in SOC

From: Mac McGaughy <jmcgaug1 () UNCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 14:51:36 -0400

We have student workers that conduct security operations tasks.  The key is
having well-documented procedures and workflows.  They need to know when an
incident needs to be elevated, and separation of duties is very important.
Student-workers provide a wealth of coding experience here at UNCC,  our
cybersecurity academic program is very code-heavy.
---------------------------
Jessie McGaughy | CISSP-ISSAP <https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP>,
CISSP, <https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP> CCSP
<https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP>, PMP
<https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp>, C|EH
<https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/>, ITIL
<https://www.axelos.com/best-practice-solutions/itil>
Chief Information Security Officer
UNC Charlotte | Kennedy Bldg 330B
9201 University City Blvd | Charlotte, NC 28223
jmcgaug1 () uncc edu <jbeauman () uncc edu> | Phone: 704-687-8548
itservices.uncc.edu
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone.
Thank you.