Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

DMARC 2.0 - path to IETF standard

From: Jesse Thompson <000000b6da97d697-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 22:46:51 +0000

like to know that they're embarking on a process to review pending issues and proposed revisions to the DMARC
specification.  This is part of the process for DMARC becoming an IETF standard.

So, this is the time to contribute your voice into the conversation, if you feel so inclined.  I will also be able and
willing to channel the voice and concerns from the HiED community, for those that aren't inclined to jump in directly.
If there's interest in that, perhaps a shared doc is in order to collate thoughts.

Here are the list of issues they are working through<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/report/1>.  They're chewing
through them 3 at a time.  I believe that their intent is to have this process well underway by June 11 for a combined
M3AAWG/IETF meeting.<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/report/1>

Jesse Thompson
University of Wisconsin-Madison