Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Live streaming

From: "Bukowski, David" <bukowski () COD EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 16:29:44 +0000

Also a note, Zoom has the capability to stream to YouTube and Facebook as well.  Also combine this with OBS (Open
Broadcast Software) to feed zoom and or YT and Zoom can feed into YT.  I havent played with OBS yet, but it's on my
radar for doing the severe weather spotter training.  I did a quick test of Zoom -> YouTube and works well.  You could
have the speakers on Zoom and then viewers with YouTube link and record the zoom session in case the YT stream somehow
has some failure and you want to repost it or archive it.

There are many options, just depends on how good you are at engineering it.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone