Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SOP for Releasing Private Data Generated by Deceased Student?

From: "Ullman, Catherine" <cende () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:13:35 +0000

Hi Bryce,

We typically defer to the Office of General Counsel and require the requestor to provide proof of authorization such as
documentation that they’re executor of the will.  Here is our official policy:

 <http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/policies/guidance-documents/accessing-accounts-deceased-incapacitated.html>
http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/policies/guidance-documents/accessing-accounts-deceased-incapacitated.html

Hope that helps.

Best,

Cathy

Dr. Catherine J Ullman

Senior Information Security Analyst

Information Security Office

University at Buffalo

 <mailto:cende () buffalo edu> cende () buffalo edu