Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Need to restrict admin rights in macOS?

From: Mercy Lopez <0000013bb1b55b08-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:47:08 +0000

 Hi,
No system in hack proof. Yes, Macs get hacked less but you still need to take precautions. If you limit the amount of
users with admin rights, it is a step in the right direction.   I.T. users are the only ones that should  have admin
rights. If regular users have a need for these rights, it should be documented and given on a temporary as needed basis.
Good Luck,
Mercedes