Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Disaster Recovery Plan

From: Kristen Dietiker <kdietiker () SCU EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:57:00 -0700

To follow up on this thread, if anyone has utilized consultants to help
with Disaster Recovery planning, I'd appreciate referrals.

Thank you,

*Kristen Dietiker*
Chief Information Security Officer
Santa Clara University
(408) 554-5554
Duo 2-Factor Authentication is coming! Learn more at https://www.scu.edu/duo

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 1:54 PM Valerie Vogel <vvogel () educause edu> wrote:

Our Information Security Guide (maintained by members of the higher ed
community) includes a chapter on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
with links to additional resources:
https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/resources/information-security-guide/business-continuity-and-disaster-recovery
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.educause.edu_focus-2Dareas-2Dand-2Dinitiatives_policy-2Dand-2Dsecurity_cybersecurity-2Dprogram_resources_information-2Dsecurity-2Dguide_business-2Dcontinuity-2Dand-2Ddisaster-2Drecovery&d=DwMGaQ&c=iVyFbx9TtkoGWXYs40w9MA&r=TRbysQ0U6LHo9ajQhKsO87oExl4CHXZjx_jkLW_P6NA&m=eZ2-LSu0_cJRgqFETT2I7FcMawezLmam9uCV3uEI5js&s=vflQ48yIKOt4sNKkMDTYEIe3ukDVl3ZpKXZRXGfKV5I&e=>

You might also consider checking out the Department of Homeland Security’s
Campus Resilience (CR) Program, which has exercise starter kits and
templates. Read the June 2018 press release
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dhs.gov_news_2018_06_05_cr-2Dprogram-2Dreleases-2Dnew-2Dexercise-2Dstarter-2Dkits-2Dcybersecurity-2Dhurricanes-2Dand-2Dactive&d=DwMGaQ&c=iVyFbx9TtkoGWXYs40w9MA&r=TRbysQ0U6LHo9ajQhKsO87oExl4CHXZjx_jkLW_P6NA&m=eZ2-LSu0_cJRgqFETT2I7FcMawezLmam9uCV3uEI5js&s=LY2jKt0jA0637z9-ZRYolMQysgCu0rjLMQsTrMB4EXM&e=>
or visit the program page: https://www.dhs.gov/academicresilience
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dhs.gov_academicresilience&d=DwMGaQ&c=iVyFbx9TtkoGWXYs40w9MA&r=TRbysQ0U6LHo9ajQhKsO87oExl4CHXZjx_jkLW_P6NA&m=eZ2-LSu0_cJRgqFETT2I7FcMawezLmam9uCV3uEI5js&s=cz1H0u8EYiZBxpnMccb4Z59Ofd7MqDCI_sWkQv2teI8&e=>

Hopefully other members of this group will have plans they can share, as
well!

Thank you,

Valerie

*Valerie Vogel *

Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

*EDUCAUSE*
*Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good*

direct: 202.331.5374 | Follow HEISC on LinkedIn
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_showcase_higher-2Deducation-2Dinformation-2Dsecurity-2Dcouncil-2Dheisc-2D_&d=DwMGaQ&c=iVyFbx9TtkoGWXYs40w9MA&r=TRbysQ0U6LHo9ajQhKsO87oExl4CHXZjx_jkLW_P6NA&m=eZ2-LSu0_cJRgqFETT2I7FcMawezLmam9uCV3uEI5js&s=7vVvfaJHhric0oyOgj67FI6MmVGmmudSmd1cvzf42yg&e=>