Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft LAPS

From: "McCrone, Kevin" <kmccrone () ILSTU EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 13:19:08 +0000

We have run into that issue, mostly with test virtual machines that are reset to a previous snapshot or checkpoint from
before the last LAPS password change.  We use the Microsoft DaRT tool (part of MDOP) which includes a Locksmith
capability to reset the password.  DaRT’s locksmith is Windows OS version specific, including Windows 10 build specific.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-desktop-optimization-pack/dart-v10/overview-of-the-tools-in-dart-10

Good luck!
-- Kevin