Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Aggressive and misleading advertising

From: "Langford, Matthew" <Matthew.Langford () UNCO EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:10:30 +0000

Thank you for your responses.  This has sparked an interesting debate in our leadership about freedom of speech,
content censoring, and if we did block it would this be our responsibility to monitor and block future campaigns and
what the criteria might be for that. I took the same basic stance that Michael presented.  I think we will come up with
a guideline for the future that allows us the discretion to defend campus when SPAMers' step over a line.

Matt Langford

Chief Information Security Officer
IM&T – Office of Information Security

University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 19
Greeley, CO 80639

O: 970-351-1420

Help us, help you!

Report all technical issues to the TSC.

Phone: 970-351-4357 or 800-545-2331

Online: help.unco.edu<http://ga.unco.edu/click.php/e1383/h167629/s85592f876a/>

Email: help () unco edu<mailto:help () unco edu>

Walk-In: University Center Lower Level