Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Higher Ed Nominees needed - Celebrate Your Campus’ Success with the ISE North America Awards

From: Brian Kelly <bkelly () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:50:05 +0000

I hope you are well and have managed to “unearth” yourself from the backlog of the start of semester emails! I wanted
to reach out to you today about T.E.N.’s ISE® North America Awards, which is currently accepting nominations. You have
likely seen emails from T.E.N. about the Awards already—these awards are for executive leaders and project teams all
across the United States and Canada who have showcased leadership and innovation in the cybersecurity and information
security industry.

I recently spoke with Kimberly Martin from T.E.N. regarding the Academic/Public Subcategory, which celebrates the
Executives and Project Teams who lead successful initiatives in school/educational systems. While we don’t always think
of ourselves as “executives” in Higher Education we do have CISO’s and security teams doing extraordinary work. I was
nominated while at Quinnipiac a few years ago, it was great to be recognized and the event in New York City was top
notch.

They need more nominees from Higher Education —nominees like you. I know that security teams in Higher Education suffer
from the highest amount of scrutiny and responsibility while receiving little recognition for your successes rather
than your hardships. They want to change that—they want to celebrate you, your team, and all your hard work.

Nominations for the ISE® North America Awards are open until September 27, 2019. That’s the last Friday of September. I
encourage you to check out the following quick links:

Learn More about Submitting an ISE® Award Nomination:

·         https://ten-inc.com/ise/nominations.asp

·         https://ten-inc.com/ise/nominations_criteria.asp

·         https://ten-inc.com/ise/nominations_submit1.asp

·         https://ten-inc.com/ise/nominations_form.asp

For more information or questions please contact Kimberly Martin at kmartin () ten-inc com<mailto:kmartin () ten-inc
com>

Brian

Brian Kelly, CISSP, CISM, CEH
Director, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
Follow HEISC on
LinkedIn<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fshowcase%2Fhigher-education-information-security-council-heisc-%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C7197d41189e4414981ae08d69dc9670a%7Cdd4b037fe626495db0170cc0f7dddb37%7C0%7C0%7C636869885680898966&sdata=%2FYvU%2BLTYHbPmcyL1AoksiKTSdMeFQ93qASFmTp8Emmo%3D&reserved=0>
 | Twitter: @HEISCouncil | bkelly () educause edu<mailto:bkelly () educause edu>

direct: 720.406.6757 | mobile 475.449.6440 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036