Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Small schools with Canvas - a free simple course for Oct's Cybersecurity Awareness Month

From: Ralph Hogaboom <ralph.hogaboom () GHC EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 23:46:07 +0000

Hello,

We're a small junior college, and this is our first year really looking to participate in October Cybersecurity
Awareness Month. To that end, I've developed some very simple activities for faculty and staff. These are designed to
be about 20 minutes a week over five weeks. Each week has a theme, and involves a short video, reading assignment, and
discussion assignment.

The goal is to get coworkers thinking about information security, both at work as well as at home. To that end, this
material is short and immediate. While it certainly falls short of a comprehensive training program, I think it's a
reasonable first step to participating for this year.

To that end, for anyone else in the same boat, I'm offering the Canvas course exported that you might use at your
institution. If you've any feedback, additions, corrections, please send 'em in! Or just re-release it yourself. I've
also published it in the Canvas Commons.

https://www.ghc.edu/sites/default/files/rh/oct2019-cybersecurity-awareness.zip

Thanks,
Ralph Hogaboom (he/him)
Grays Harbor College