Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2018 REN-ISAC Blended Threat Workshop Final Report

From: Sarah Bigham <sarah () REN-ISAC NET>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 10:14:38 -0400

Providing a safe campus for students, faculty, and staff requires
understanding the roles cyber and physical security play in your risk
management process. Through the 2018 Blended Threat Resilience Workshop
series, REN-ISAC facilitated six workshop sessions that focused on the
possible cyber and physical threats caused by a controversial speaker
applying to speak at a mock university.

To pass on what we've learned during the series, we are releasing the
*2018 REN-ISAC Blended Threat Resilience Workshop Series Final Findings
Report*.

 Access report
<https://www.ren-isac.net/public-resources/HelpfulResources.html>

 In this document, you will find a record of the valuable conversation
and practical insight into the modern threat landscape contained in the
workshops, including:

·         A full explanation and lesson plan for this year’s workshop series
·         A list of best practices, areas of improvement, and challenges
that arose from real-world experiences
·         Actionable suggestions for improving your institution’s
security posture

In addition to the full report, we also created the Final Findings
Brief, a two-page document highlighting the strongest best practices
discovered during the 2018 series.

Access brief
<https://www.ren-isac.net/public-resources/HelpfulResources.html>

These documents are TLP: WHITE so feel free to share them with all
members of your organization.

If you have any questions about this document or about the Blended
Threat Resilience Workshop Series, contact Sarah Bigham at
sarah () ren-isac net.

--

V/R,
Sarah Bigham