Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cybersecurity Students

From: Brian Basgen <brian_basgen () EMERSON EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 10:05:57 -0400

 Agree with everything that has been said, one more bit that may help you.
When I taught graduate level security courses a couple of years ago, I
built out a virtual environment. I leveraged our IT resources to do it, of
course, and we segregated it, etc.

 It was a core part of my curriculum: we have a virtual playground
precisely so that my students can exploit, hack, and investigate within
that environment. In my view, ethics review should be the first part of
every cyber security class.

*Brian Basgen* (he, him, his <https://www.mypronouns.org>)
Associate Vice President, Information Technology
20 Park Plaza Building
Emerson College | 120 Boylston Street | Boston, MA 02116
IT Helpdesk <http://it.emerson.edu/> | @EmersonIT
<https://twitter.com/EmersonIT>

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 9:36 AM Pete, Andrew <