Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

BitLocker

From: "St-Jean, Daniel" <Daniel_St-Jean () BANFFCENTRE CA>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 21:01:31 +0000

I was wondering if your institution is using BitLocker?

How was your rollout process? And how is the general operations of BitLocker going?
Are you using TPM? (+ PIN)? (or did you consider using +PIN and didn't implement in the end? Why?)
Do user lose their PIN all the time?
Is the PIN useless because users put their laptop into sleep mode?

We are also looking for Best Practices. Is there a "best practice"? Or it really depends on our risk appetite?

Thank you in advance,
[cid:image001.png@01D52DC1.1DD47AA0]

Daniel St-Jean
Senior Systems Analyst

Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Box 1020, Banff, Alberta
Canada T1L 1H5
Tel: 403.762.6263

banffcentre.ca<http://www.banffcentre.ca/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/BanffCentre> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/BanffCentre> |
Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/banffcentre/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/school/banff-centre/>

Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is located on the lands of Treaty 7 territory. We acknowledge the past, present,
and future generations of Stoney Nakoda, Blackfoot, and Tsuut'ina Nations who help us steward this land, as well as
honour and celebrate this place.

This message has been sent by an employee of Banff Centre. If you have received this communication in error or do not
wish to receive electronic communications from this individual in the future please respond by simply typing
'unsubscribe' in the subject line and returning to the sender. Subsequently you will not be contacted without reason.