Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Periodic reviews of Windows file shares

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 14:54:20 -0500

We're effectively doing the same thing as Mandi

the one thing that we did find, is that for folks with multiple folders on
the same volume (we make extensive use of DFS) if they move files or
folders, it doesn't reset the permissions, so we have scheduled icacl
scripts that just do through the root-level folders enforcing the
permissions

Frank