Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

MFA Student Deployment Questions

From: Stefan Wahe <0000009ffd3543ad-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 02:49:30 +0000

We are trying to finalize our MFA student deployment plans.  We have received some interesting questions.  We are
interested in how your campus managed student deployment (we are partway through our faculty/staff deployment).  I
would appreciate a response to the following questions.

What methodology did you use to deploy MFA to students, incremental based on a variable or everyone at once?
Does your university provide students with hard tokens? If so, do the students have to pay for the token? How much?
How to you manage accessibility issues for students with disabilities?
How do you handle situations where students can not take a device into a proctored testing lab?  Did faculty have
concerns about raising test anxiety for students? How were they addressed.
Are you handling student registration differently than faculty and staff?  Please provide the link to any public
documentation describing student enrollment.

I appreciate your responses.

Sincerely – Stefan Wahe

Stefan Wahe, CISSP

University of Wisconsin-Madison

Office of Cybersecurity

Deputy Chief Information Security Officer

HIPAA Security Officer

608-265-1177