Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Log Management as a Managed Service

From: "Hudson, Edward" <ehudson () CALSTATE EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 18:12:55 +0000

Team,

We are in the process of moving to centralized log management across our 23-campus system. We have already selected the
software platform (LogRhythm) but are considering vendors who can manage the platform (cloud hosted), provide the
threat analysis and SEIM type functions. We have a couple of proposals but in the interested of not pre-disposing folks
I won’t disclose them publically. I  would be interested in hearing any plus/deltas with particular providers you may
have experienced if your institution or system have embarked on this type of effort.

Please feel free to respond off list and directly to me if you feel appropriate.

TIA

Ed Hudson

Systemwide Chief Information Security Officer

401 Golden Shore

Long Beach, CA 90802

Tel 562-951-8431

ehudson () calstate edu

I subscribe to e-mail classification: i=Information, a=Action, u=Urgent