Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM is just 3 days away!

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 16:11:05 +0000

National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2018 is just 3 days away!

Here are 5 things you can do to get ready and show your institution’s support during the month of October.

1) Attend our NCSAM Webinar on October 11, 1-2 pm ET

Join Robert Jorgensen (Utah Valley University) for an in-depth discussion about UVU’s adoption of 2FA for the student
population and the effectiveness of their campus-wide saturation campaign. Registration is now
available<https://events.educause.edu/educause-live/webinars/2018/campus-wide-two-factor-authentication-2fa-saturation-campaign>

2) Become a NCSAM Champion

Show your support as a 2018 champion – sign up on behalf of your
institution<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/ncsam-champion/>. Last year we had over 200 colleges and universities
register. Help us beat that record! (It’s free and only takes a few minutes.)

3) Take Advantage of Free Resources for Higher Ed

Our Awareness Campaigns
page<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/awareness-campaigns>
 includes NCSAM resources for colleges and universities, as well as dozens of guest blogs that are part of our
year-round campus security awareness campaign with customizable content and suggested resources.

4) Use the Hashtag #CyberAware to Promote NCSAM

Share advice, events, activities, and links to resources on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn using the hashtag
#CyberAware. NCSA has free resources<https://staysafeonline.org/resources/?filter=.topic-ncsam.resource-item>,
including sample social media posts, infographics, posters, memes, and more.

5) Join the Weekly #ChatSTC Conversation

NCSA and Stop. Think. Connect. are hosting weekly #ChatSTC Twitter
chats<https://stopthinkconnect.org/get-involved/events> during NCSAM. Join @StaySafeOnline and share your expertise at
3 pm ET/noon PT on Oct. 4, 11, 18, and 25.

We hope you’ll continue to share your institution’s October security awareness plans with us. We’re already hearing
about some great new campaigns!

And please feel free to contact me with any questions or resources you might like to share.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | Follow HEISC on
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/higher-education-information-security-council-heisc-/> | twitter:
@HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month!
Join EDUCAUSE and the higher ed community as a NCSAM Champion. Follow #CyberAware for tips & resources.