Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[LISTANNOUNCE] Recent Listserv Issues

From: Membership <Membership () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:19:06 +0000

Dear EDUCAUSE Listserv Participants,

Recently we experienced some issues with the Listserv platform that serves our constituent and discussion groups,
working groups, and committees.

First and foremost, we want to apologize for any disruption this may have caused you. We know you depend on these
groups to help you collaborate with your peers. We are happy to report all is back to normal.

Here's an update on what happened and how it might have affected you:

Messages Went to Spam

Last Thursday (9/6), we were alerted that many list messages were being marked as spam. This issue has been resolved.

If your list has seemed particularly quiet the last few days, this may be why. If you look in your spam folder you may
find messages from your list(s). You can always view your lists' archives here if you need them:
http://listserv.educause.edu/archives

Participants Unsubscribed from a List

As a side effect of the spam issue, some list participants were unsubscribed from their lists.  We've successfully
re-subscribed anyone affected by this issue. This is why you may have recently received an automated message that you
were re-subscribed to one of your lists.

Thanks for your patience as we worked to resolve these issues. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns,
or suggestions.

Best regards,

Membership Team

membership () educause edu<mailto:membership () educause edu>