Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: policy management software

From: Gavin Wiltshire <G.P.Wiltshire () KENT AC UK>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 14:31:04 +0000

Hi Mark

A good few years ago (in another environment), I was using a product called LanConsent, by NetConsent. It meets the
first three requirements you have, but I am not sure about SharePoint integration.
We  found it simple to use. Users have to enter their network password to signify acceptance before being allowed to
log in, and this is recorded in the database. You can also present multiple policies at the same time, with each
needing agreement before proceeding to the next.
Policies are assigned by Group Policy, and can be different for designated user groups if necessary.
Updated policies can be pushed after uploading to the console, and my favourite part - it tells you how long they spent
"reading" the page. If you think they did not read it properly, you simply force them to re-read at next logon.
It also allows the administrator to revoke account access, forcing immediate logoff from any workstation running the
client should the need arise. (useful for those unexpected requests from HR to "revoke access immediately")

Hope that helps a bit- but bear in mind it was an older version - I've not used the current version.

Gavin

Gavin Wiltshire | IT Security Officer
University of Kent
www.kent.ac.uk/IS<http://www.kent.ac.uk/IS>