Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Personal printer WIFI connectivity policy in dorm rooms

From: Rand Hall <hallr () MERRIMACK EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:55:43 -0400

Most educational networks won't be much different from most corporate networks.

If you want to do higher-ed a solid, ship your devices to only use
standard channels and have WiFi Direct disabled by default. Bonus
points for making the WiFi On/Off button turn off WiFi Direct as well.

Rand

Rand P. Hall
Director, Network Services                 askIT!
Merrimack College
978-837-3532
rand.hall () merrimack edu

If I had an hour to save the world, I would spend 55 minutes defining
the problem and five minutes finding solutions. – Einstein

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 2:44 AM Wong, Wilson (HPS Global R&D)