Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Request for Information - Secure File Transfer Technologies for Research Departments

From: Darren Yezo <dyezo () STEVENS EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 13:51:57 +0000

Hello,

I am looking for some information to what technologies other smaller research institutions are using to support the
faculties needs for securely transferring files off campus. Currently we have faculty using personal encryption
technologies ( which they are likely attaching to their emails) but I would like to provide a more scalable service to
the community that will also help strengthen the partnership between IT and faculty. We would need this technology to
be able to satisfy ITAR, EAR, CUI, file transfer requirements as well so we can provide a one stop shop for all secure
file transferring needs. I have heard institutions using Accellion and/or Filelocker but I am not familiar with these
products other than the documents online. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Darren Yezo
Dyezo @stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology